Our Mission Statement
The Weatherford Parks, Recreation and Special Events Department is committed to enriching the quality of life through exceptional programs, parks and facilities while preserving the community’s natural environment for the enjoyment of current and future citizens.
Services We Provide
- Adult athletic leagues
- Special events and activities
- Operation of Cherry Park Pool
- Schedule rentals of three community buildings, six park pavilions and five ballfields
- Operation and maintenance of Chandor Gardens
- Coordinate First Monday Trade Days
- Maintenance 856 acres of parkland, including 13 parks
- Maintenance of all city grounds and facilities
You may browse specific offerings and information by using the links on the left side of the page. If you are unable to find the information you need, please call 817-598-4124.
Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
The Parks and Recreation Board advises the City Council in matters pertaining to the Parks and Recreation Department. This includes recommending fees and charges for recreation facilities, programs and park development; establishing Park and Recreation policies and procedures; receiving suggestions and feedback from citizens relating to Parks and Recreation; recommending development or expansion of parks, facilities and programs; recommending rules, regulations and guidelines
governing the use of parks.
Parks Board Information
If you are interested in becoming a Parks and Recreation Board member, please contact the City Secretary office at 817-598-4202.