My vehicle has been impounded by Weatherford Police. How can I get it back?
Providing that your vehicle is not being held as evidence, you will need to bring one or more of the following documentation papers to the WPD Communications Department to obtain a release form:

A. Original title – If state is a title holding state, provide the vehicle registration.
B. Title receipt – Original bill of sale if inside of 30 days. If older than 30 days, you must go to the Auto Registration office and bring the title up to date first.
C. Notarized letter from the registered owner giving you permission to take possession of their vehicle. If you are a family member, you can use the state approved form, which allows a close family member to take possession of the vehicle.
D. Court order giving you authority to take possession of the vehicle.
E. Probate or divorce paperwork stating the vehicle has been given to you.
F. Photo ID – name must match the name on the title/receipt/bill of sale. (Unless you have a notarized letter from the owner stating you can pick up the vehicle.) If the name on the title is a company or dealership, the company or dealership must provide a notarized letter on letterhead stating a) the name of the person and that he/she is authorized to pick up the vehicle and b) all vehicle information.
G. Proof of liability insurance on the vehicle that was impounded must be provided before vehicles can be released.

The WPD uses the following wrecker services:
AA Wrecker (located at 1401 Ranger Highway, 817-341-3565)
Sargent’s Wrecker (located at 1763 North Main Street, 817-596-3566)
Miller’s Wrecker(located at 491 Green Branch Road, 817-341-1133)
Ace’s Wrecker (located at 1233 B Linville Lane, 817-599-4111)
Longhorn Wrecker (located at 2950 FM 920, 817-341-7676)

Please contact the appropriate wrecker service regarding storage/impound fees.

If you have questions, please contact the Communications Office 24 hours per day at 817-598-4300.

Show All Answers

1. What are the operating hours for various sections of the Police Department?
2. How do I get a copy of a police accident report?
3. How can I obtain a copy of a police report?
4. My vehicle has been impounded by Weatherford Police. How can I get it back?
5. Can I get someone to speak to various groups about community issues?
6. Can I ride with a police officer?
7. I am leaving town for several days. Can I request extra patrol?
8. I have a complaint against a Weatherford Police Department employee. What do I do?
9. How do I find out if someone is in jail?
10. I need to be fingerprinted for a job application or professional license, will the police department do this?
11. I received a ticket from a City of Weatherford Officer. What do I do now?
12. Does the police department give escorts or civil standbys in certain situations?
13. How do I find out which detective is handling my case?
14. How do I get a protective order?
15. Can I make a police report over the phone or does a police officer have to come to my house?
16. What do I need to do to keep someone off my property?
17. Are BB-guns and air rifles legal inside the city?
18. Does the Weatherford Police Department auction cars?
19. Can I get a criminal history or background check ran on someone?
20. Does the City of Weatherford require alarm permits?
21. Do I have to have a permit to solicit inside the city?
22. How do I file for a report under the Open Records Act?
23. How do I report suspicious neighbors or drug activity?
24. Cars are speeding down my street. What can be done?
25. How can I report a traffic related problem in my neighborhood?
26. Do I have to call the police if my vehicle is the only one involved in an accident?
27. What can I do about identity theft?
28. Where can I find a copy of the Weatherford Police Department's Policy Manual?
29. Where can I find a copy of the Weatherford Police Department's Racial Profiling Report?