What can I do with my property?
Persons owning property in Weatherford can develop and use their land for any of the lawful land uses allowed in the land use chart in the Zoning Ordinance (for any land use allowed in the zoning district in which their parcel is located). If an owner wishes to use his/her land for a land use not currently allowed for their particular zoning, the owner may apply to Planning and Development for a zoning change. Zoning changes must be voted on by the Planning and Zoning Board, and must be approved by a majority of the City Council after all appropriate public hearings are complete. If the land in question is located within the Extraterritorial Jurisdiction of the City, the owner is asked to coordinate any construction or development activity with both the City of Weatherford, and Parker County.

Show All Answers

1. What is Zoning?
2. What is a Comprehensive Plan?
3. What is a Subdivision Plat?
4. What is the Board of Adjustment?
5. What does "Nonconforming" mean?
6. What can I do with my property?
7. Does the City have a schedule of annexations?
8. What is "Planned Development" zoning?
9. Do I need permission to grade my property or to remove trees?