The City of Weatherford provides opportunities for citizens to serve on various boards, commissions or committees. All applicants must be resident citizens and qualified voters. Your application will be held for 12 months for consideration by the City Council as appointments are required. Your interest is greatly appreciated.
Should you be appointed to a board, commission or committee, the information that you provide in this personal information section will be disclosed to the Mayor, members of the City Council, members of the board you have been appointed to, and members of the City's Management Team. In compliance with Chapter 552, Vernon's Texas Codes Annotated, (Open Records Law), the information provided on this application may also be available to the public upon request.
Members of boards, commissions, and committees are expected to attend all regular and special meetings. Any board, commission, or committee member shall automatically be disqualified from membership on such board, committee or commission if such member fails to attend three or more consecutive meetings of such board, commission, or committee. Failure to comply with attendance requirements whether excused or not shall be considered as resignation from the board, commission, or committee.
- I affirm that I am qualified to vote
- I understand that the City Council reserves the right to remove any advisory board member at any time. All boards, commissions, and committees are considered advisory boards EXCEPT for the Municipal Utility Board, the Planning & Zoning Commission, the Zoning Board of Adjustments, and the Building & Standards Commission, which have statutory authority.
- I agree to take the Texas Open Meetings and the Texas Public Information Act training within 90 days of taking the Oath of Office for any office to which I may be appointed or to provide certificates of such training, if not already on file with the City Secretary.
- I understand that I may AUTOMATICALLY be removed from the appointed office if I do not take the training or do not provide the certificates to the City Secretary's Office within 90 days of taking the Oath of Office.
- This application will remain on file for 12 months from the received date of application.
- In compliance with Chapter 552, Vernon's Texas Codes Annotated, (Open Records Law), the information provided on this application may be available to the public upon request.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field