Terms & Conditions
CITY OF WEATHERFORD
General Terms and Conditions
- THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ANY PROCUREMENT OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BY THE CITY OF WEATHERFORD;
- ADDITIONAL TERMS: Notwithstanding acceptance by the City of the goods or services ordered hereby, no additional terms or conditions of vendor, whether contained within vendor’s invoice or otherwise, shall be accepted by City, unless agreed upon in writing through a proposal process.
- CONFLICTS: In the event the terms and conditions herein expressed conflict with the terms and conditions of any specifications issued by the City in conjunction with this purchase, the specifications shall supersede these terms and conditions to the extent of the conflict.
- CONFORMITY OF GOODS/SERVICES: All goods to be delivered or services to be performed shall conform in every respect to the specifications issued by the City in conjunction with its solicitation of bids or proposals. In the event no such specifications were issued, the goods or services shall conform to the proposal submitted by the vendor.
- WARRANTY/GUARANTEE LAWS AND REGULATIONS: By acceptance of this order, in addition to the guarantees and warranties provided by law, Contractor expressly guarantees and warrants as follows:
- that the articles to be delivered hereunder will be in full conformity with the specifications or with the approved sample submitted and agreed that this warranty shall survive acceptance of delivery and payment for the articles and that the Contractor will bear the cost of inspecting and/or testing articles rejected.
- that the articles to be delivered hereunder will not infringe on any valid patent, trademark, trade name, or copyright, and that the Contractor will, at Contractor’s own expense, defend any and all actions or suits charging such infringement and will save and hold harmless the City, its officers, employees, agents, and representatives from any and all claims, losses, liabilities and suits arising there from.
- that the articles to be delivered hereunder will be manufactured, sold and/or installed in compliance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- that nothing contained herein shall exclude or affect the operation of any implied warranties otherwise arising in favor of the City.
- PRICING: Unit pricing shall be in strict conformity with the bid or proposal submitted by vendor, unless a price increase is authorized by the City.
- TAXES: The City of Weatherford is exempt from federal manufacturer’s excise and state sales and use tax. Tax exemption certificates will be executed by the City and furnished upon request.
- F.O.B./DAMAGE: All orders shall be F.O.B. delivered, designated location, and shall include all delivery and packaging costs. The City of Weatherford assumes no liability for goods delivered in damaged or unacceptable condition. The Contractor shall handle all claims with carriers, and in case of damaged goods, shall ship replacement goods immediately upon notification by the City of damage. In instances where City discovers concealed damage to property and such property will require shipment back to Contractor, Contractor shall be solely responsible for shipping fees.
- INSPECTION, REJECTION, AND EXCESS SHIPMENT: In addition to other rights provided by law, the City reserves the right (a) to inspect articles delivered and to return those which do not meet specifications or reasonable standards of quality, (b) to reject articles shipped contrary to instructions or in containers which do not meet recognized standards, and (c) to cancel the order if not filled within the time specified. The City may return rejected articles or excess shipment on this order or may hold the articles subject to the vendor’s order and at vendor’s risk and expense and may in either event charge the vendor with the cost of shipping, unpacking, inspecting, repacking, reshipping and other like expenses.
- ASSIGNMENT: Contractor agrees to retain control and to give full attention to the fulfillment of this Contract, that this Contract shall not be assigned without the prior written consent of City, and that no part or feature of the work will be assigned to anyone objectionable to City. Contractor further agrees that subcontracting any portion or feature of the work, or materials required in the performance of this Contract, shall not relieve Contractor from its full obligations to City as provided by this Contract. Failure to obtain City’s written consent prior to assignment of this Contract as set forth herein, may result in termination of this Contract at the City’s discretion, without penalty or prejudice to any other remedy it may be entitled to at law, or in equity or otherwise under this Contract. If the City elects to terminate this Contract, the Contractor shall provide the City refund of any prepaid, unused portion of the fees, calculated from the date of termination to the end of the then-current term.
- INSURANCE: The City requires Contractor to carry the minimum insurance as required by state laws and insurance requirements outlined in the bid/proposal documents.
- CHANGE ORDERS: No oral statement of any person shall modify or otherwise change, or affect the terms, conditions or specifications stated in this contract. All change orders to the contract will be made in writing by the City of Weatherford.
- TERMINATION: City may, at its option, with or without cause, and without penalty or prejudice to any other remedy it may be entitled to at law, or in equity or otherwise under this Contract, terminate further work under this contract, in whole or in part by giving at least thirty (30) days prior written notice thereof to Contractor with the understanding that all services being terminated shall cease upon the date such notice is received unless otherwise indicated in writing by the City. If the City elects to terminate this Agreement, the Contractor shall provide the City refund of any prepaid, unused portion of the fees, calculated from the date of termination to the end of the then-current term.
- TERMINATION FOR DEFAULT: The City of Weatherford reserves the right to enforce the performance of the contract in any manner prescribed by law or deemed to be in the best interest of the City in the event of breach or default of the contract. The City reserves the right to terminate the contract immediately in the event the Contractor fails to 1) meet delivery schedules or, 2) otherwise perform in accordance with these specifications. Breach of contract or default authorizes the City to award contract to another Contractor, purchase elsewhere and charge the full increase in cost and handling to the defaulting Contractor.
- DELINQUENT TAXES: Section 2-2 of the City Code of Ordinances prohibits the payment of public funds to persons that owe delinquent taxes to the City of Weatherford. Therefore, payment to a Contractor for goods or services provided to the City under contract or Purchase Order may be withheld in the event the Contractor owes delinquent taxes to the City.
- STATUTORY CONTRACTING REQUIREMENTS: As required per Texas Government Code Section 2270.001, the Contractor certifies the following:
- Company does not boycott Israel;
- Company will not boycott Israel during the term of the contract.
- Company does not include a sole proprietorship
- Company has 10 or more full-time employees.
- Company has a value of $100,000 or more that is to be paid wholly or partly from public funds of the governmental entity.