About the Program
The Vacation Home Watch, a free service offered by the Weatherford Police Department, gives Weatherford citizens peace of mind while they are away from home.
How the Program Works
- Home owners complete a Vacation Home Watch application, which allows the department to collect necessary information so the patrol officers may know the circumstances at the residence.
- Homeowners can email their application to email@example.com or bring a copy to the Weatherford Police Department.
- While the homeowner is away, a patrol officer will check the residence at least two times daily until the homeowner returns.
- During the check, the officer will walk around the residence to make sure that the home is secure and other things seem to be in place.
- If an emergency arises the homeowner or the emergency contact person listed on the application will be notified immediately.
- Home owners contact the Police Department upon their return home, to advise the department to close out the application.
Information requested on the application includes, but is not limited to:
- Homeowner contact information,
- Emergency contact information,
- Locations of lights left on,
- Descriptions of vehicles, if any, that will be parked at the residence, and
- Names of individuals allowed at the residence while the home owner is away.