The 4th Wednesday of every month at 9:00 a.m.
Council Chambers, Weatherford City Hall, 303 Palo Pinto Street
Powers & Duties
- Order the repair, within a fixed period, of buildings found to be in violation of an ordinance;
- Declare a building substandard in accordance with the powers granted by this chapter;
- Order, in an appropriate case, the immediate removal of persons or property found on private property, enter on private property to secure the removal if it is determined that conditions exist on the property that constitute a violation of an ordinance, and order action to be taken as necessary to remedy, alleviate, or remove any substandard building found to exist;
- Issue orders or directives to any peace officer of the state, including a sheriff or constable or the chief of police of the municipality, to enforce and carry out the lawful orders or directives of the commission panel; and
- Determine the amount and duration of the civil penalty the municipality may recover as provided in § 54.017, Texas Local Government Code as it currently exists or as may be amended hereafter.
Kaleb Kentner, Director of Development and Neighborhood Services