4th Monday of each January, March, May, July, September, and November at 6:30 p.m.
Weatherford Public Library, 1014 Charles Street
Powers & Duties
- Act in an advisory capacity on policy matters to the city council;
- Use its influence to promote services of the library in the community;
- Become familiar with state and local library laws;
- Recommend policies and objectives governing library programs to the city council as deemed necessary by the board;
- Review the policy for materials selection for use in the library as prepared by the director of library services;
- Recommend various fines and the amounts to be charged as fees for the use of library facilities to the city council in accordance with Texas law;
- Solicit gifts and donations to the library, subject to the approval of the city council.
- Cooperate with all other public and private groups in advancing the best interests of the Weatherford Public Library;
- Plan for the future development of library facilities and programs after study and review of the city's Comprehensive (Master) Plan.
- Review the annual proposed operating budget and capital improvement requests following preparation by the director of library services, and make any recommendations to the city council it deems necessary.
Chris Accardo, Director of Library Services